Let's celebrate!130 Years Plaster Cast Workshop in the Parc du Cinquantenaire
This year, the Plaster Cast Workshop marks exactly 130 years since it was established in the Parc du Cinquantenaire (1893-2023).
Reason enough to celebrate! This autumn, get ready because the Workshop will exceptionally open its doors for a festive weekend filled with activities. And that is just the beginning because we will also be hosting two special exhibitions by contemporary artists.
The Plaster Cast Workshop houses a collection of nearly 5000 moulds and castings. Even though the moulds were created in the 19th century, the sculptures and reliefs showcase European sculpture from antiquity to the 18th century. In the course of 130 years, casting techniques and know-how are passed down from generation to generation, forming a unique piece of intangible heritage.
In addition to being an active production site, the Workshop is part of a Museum that both inspires and sparks the imagination. That is why the Museum welcomes two contemporary artists - Myriam Louyest and Thomas Bakker - who will engage in a dialogue with the Workshop, its master casters and the collection. Their creations and interventions shed new light on the Workshop, each adding a layer of meaning from their own perspective.
Late night & weekend opening
Friday 13.10.23 (13:30-22:00)
Saturday 14.10.23 & Sunday 15.10.23 (13:00-17:00)
- late night opening Fri 13 October (13:30-22:00)
- gallery talks in NL (18:00) - FR (19:00) - EN (20:00) / register on the evening
- opening La traversée de l’or blanc – Myriam Louyest (18:00)
- Laurence Petrone invites: reading aloud from the writings of Alberto Giacometti (continuous 13:30 - 22:00)
- foodtruck for a snack or a drink
- weekend opening Sa 14 & Sun 15 October (13:00-17:00)
- exhibition La traversée de l’or blanc - Myriam Louyest, artist in residence
- gallery talks at 14:00 in NL (Sa 14.10) & FR (Sun 15.10)
€ 12 / € 10 / € 5 (-19 years/museumpass)
Exhibition & presentation
Exhibition La traversée de l’or blanc
Myriam Louyest, visual artist in residence
Accessible from 13.10 to 5.11 on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays (13:00-17:00), except on Thursday 2.11.23
More information (in French):More